The international shipping process always goes more smoothly when our customers have all the information they need in order to prepare their vehicles and documents before deadlines come too close for comfort. Please take a look at the following list that gives a few pointers to keep in mind when you want to ship a car overseas:
– All vehicles should be delivered with no more than ¼ tank of gas.
– Please make sure the vehicle is clean, free of dirt, and does not have any leaks. The steamship line has the right to refuse cargo not up to its standards of safety.
– If you are shipping your vehicle abroad via roll-on / roll-off overseas car transport service, you must ensure that there are no personal effects left inside the vehicle.
– Having the right insurance coverage is for your benefit in the event of loss or damage to your vehicle while in transit. K International is happy to add either “Total Loss / F.P.A” or “All-Risk” Marine insurance to your quotation.
– Weigh your shipping options carefully. For example, if you plan to ship personal effects to the destination as well, it is likely more economical to ship them together with the vehicle inside a container than shipping them separately.
– Please prepare all required documents required clear your vehicle with United States Export Customs. Documents we will need include the vehicle’s original title, notarized bill of sale, and, if your vehicle has a lien on it, a letter from the lien holder on their official stationery authorizing export.
Head on over to our international car shipping rate request page and start the international shipping process today! The K International representative that give you your quotation will be assigned to your shipment from start to finish, so you don’t have to worry about getting passed from one department to another for the answer to a simple question.