Port Klang, Malaysia lies on the Malacca Strait of the western coast and services surrounding Asian countries as well as the Middle East. Port Klang actually consists of three ports, two of which are privately owned and operated: Northport, Westport, and Southport. As the largest port in Malaysia, Port Klang accepts most cargo shipped to Malaysia from virtually every country in the world. Because of its location on the Malacca Strait and subsequent access to the Indian and Atlantic Oceans–as well as its proximity to the town of Klang–Port Klang is accessible to all cargo, both imports and exports.
Port Klang can accept containers of all sizes, including 20 foot and 40 foot crates, as well as roll-on/roll-off (RORO) vessels. This range allows the port to accept all cargo, whether wheeled, stationary, fragile, or oversized. Many clients shipping to Malaysia from the United States, transport automobiles, trucks, construction equipment such as bulldozers, excavators, and cranes, and personal or business cargo. Another of Port Klang’s popular imports is liquid bulk cargo including oil, industrial fuel, vegetable oil, chemicals, and other petroleum products.
Notable Features of Port Klang, Malaysia:
- The total capacity of Port Klang is over 109 million tons of cargo annually.
- Port Klang has developed exponentially over the years, and now has the capacity to hold more than twice the amount of cargo it could have in 1940.
- As of 2018, Port Klang is the 12th busiest container shipping port in the world, and one of the busiest in Southeast Asia.
- In 2021, Port Klang will celebrate its 120th
- Port Klang handles over 8.9 million TEUs of containerized cargo annually.
- More than 170 million tons of cargo come through Port Klang annually, including containerized cargo, dry bulk, general cargo, and liquid bulk.
- From January to November 2019, Port Klang registered more than 10% growth for container handling ability, and is continuing to expand and revitalize.
Choose K International Transport:
An experienced and reliable international shipping company like K International Transport helps clients like you transport all cargo from ports in the United States–including New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Virginia, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Texas, and California–to Port Klang, Malaysia via ocean freight shipping. K International can help make important decisions about shipments, including the choice between container shipping and RORO transport, and can also take care of customs regulations in Malaysia.
For more information about international automobile shipping, overseas container equipment transport, Port Klang, or K International Transport’s services, call us at 212-267-6400 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reach out to us on Skype at kinternationalny. Clients can visit Port Klang’s website at: http://www.pka.gov.my/index.php/en/ to learn more about the shipping services offered in Malaysia. Contact K International Transport today for a quick international shipping quote from the United States to Malaysia!