Port Zeebrugge, Belgium is one of Europe’s most important ports, leading in roll-on/roll-off (RoRo) cargo across the continent. With its great geographical position on the busiest sea in the world, the North Sea, Port Zeebrugge is close to many major densely populated cities and ports, including Le Havre and Hamburg.
Automobiles are popular imports into the port of Zeebrugge because of the ease of RoRo transport and international vehicle shipping into the port. Port Zeebrugge boasts extensive International Automobile Shipping around the continent, particularly between Belgium and Great Britain, Scandinavia, and Southern Europe. However, International Container Shipping is also an option in Port Zeebrugge, so clients have access to all types of overseas car transport services to Belgium.
Some notable features for the port of Zeebrugge, Belgium:
- After the major developments works in the port occurred from 1972 to 1985, Port Zeebrugge has nearly doubled its annual tonnage. The port now handles over 50 million tons of cargo annually.
- Besides its RoRo capabilities, Port Zeebrugge is also an International Container Shipping, International High and Heavy Equipment Shipping, new vehicles, and passenger ferry terminal.
- Port Zeebrugge is the world’s largest port for import and export of new vehicles, with an average of about 2 million units handles annually.
- The port has extensive rail connections to all countries in Continental Europe.
- With over 11,000 people employed at Port Zeebrugge, high productivity is a constant with the availability of this skilled labor.
For more information about the port of Zeebrugge and international automobile shipping services to Belgium, visit our rate request page to receive an international car, high heavy, construction equipment and container shipping quote or to receive more information on our international shipping services.