Located on the southernmost part of Jordan, Port Aqaba is an industrial port that sits on the Gulf of Aqaba. It services surrounding Middle Eastern countries, and Egyptian coastal cities in particular. As the only port in Jordan, Aqaba has an important role in the quickly modernizing country. Port Aqaba was even ranked the Best Container Terminal in the Middle East because of its cargo services for neighboring countries and its location between four countries and three continents, which makes the port very accessible.
Shipping Cars Overseas to or from Aqaba
Because of Jordan’s industrial success, Port Aqaba can import and export virtually all cargo, including automobiles, construction equipment, mining equipment, and manufactured goods. Clients who are interested in transporting automobiles/cars/vehicles to Jordan from the United States full-container loads (FCL) to transport an automobile via container. With FCL, the client will get a full container to themselves and will get to transport personal effects with the automobile as well.
Clients can also ship their automobiles via roll-on/roll-off (RoRo) vessel, which is a cheaper and more efficient option in many circumstances. Port Aqaba accepts about 3,000 cars per day, which can show shippers how productive and trusted the port is.
International Shipping for Construction and Heavy Equipment
Heavy machinery and construction equipment are also very popular imports into Port Aqaba. As with international automobile shipping, clients have the opportunity to opt for RoRo shipping if the equipment is wheeled and self-propelled, and FCL or LCL container shipping otherwise. Both alternatives allow for a safe transport overseas and protect the equipment from the elements.
The usual method for transporting high/heavy equipment is with a 40-foot high cube container. Virtually all equipment can be shipped to Port Aqaba, Jordan from the United States including mining equipment, excavators, cranes, bulldozers, dump trucks, tractor trailers, stone trenchers, and more. For the purposes of transporting both automobiles and heavy equipment, Port Aqaba is operated with modern machinery and maintains specialized berths to handle all types of cargo.
Port Aqaba’s Notable Features
Some notable features of Port Aqaba, Jordan include:
- Aqaba benefits from the country’s advantageous global relationships. For example, Jordan was the first Arab country to establish a free-trade agreement with the United States, which allows trade through Port Aqaba to proceed smoothly.
- Port Aqaba’s most popular imports, beside automobiles and heavy equipment, are petroleum and pharmaceutical products.
- The port has historical significance in addition to modern importance, as its history is thousands of years old and was used as a port in ancient times.
- Jordan’s economy has developed approximately 4% per year since the early 2000s.
- The city of Aqaba is rapidly industrializing and becoming a popular tourist location, while the port is one of the most important cargo ports in the region.
- Regulations in Jordan allow the private sector to invest in Port Aqaba, which ensures that the equipment and infrastructure remains modern and useful.
- Port Aqaba is extremely productive and accepts about 1,000 tons of general cargo per day, in addition to 3,000 automobiles, 12,000 tons of grains, 6,000 tons of rice, 15,000 units of animal livestock, 18,000 tons of petroleum, 2,300 tons of timber, 5,000 tons of cement, and more.
An International Shipping Company that You Can Trust
An experienced international shipping company like K International Transport can help clients transport all types of cargo safely. We offer overseas shipping services from numerous ports in the United States including New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Virginia, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Texas, and California to Port Aqaba, Jordan via ocean freight shipping. K International can help clients make important decisions about their shipments, including the choice between container shipping options and RoRo transport. Our trusted shipping experts can also give advice and take care of customs regulations in Jordan.
For more information about international automobile shipping, overseas container equipment transport, Port Aqaba, or K International Transport’s services, call us at 212-267-6400 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reach out to us on Skype at kinternationalny. Clients can visit Port Aqaba’s website at http://www.aqabaports.com.jo to learn more about the services offered in Jordan. Contact K International Transport today for a quick international shipping quote from the United States to Jordan!