Port of Call: San Antonio, Chile
Located in one of the most strategic areas in South America, the port of San Antonio is not only the busiest port along the west coast South America corridor but also in the country of Chile. San Antonio port services the capital of Santiago and the city of Valparaiso, it is also used a main port of transit for cargo to the very popular wine region of Mendoza, Argentina. As one of the largest and busiest ports in South America, there are plenty of container and heavy equipment shipping services available to San Antonio from the United States. Additionally, international car shipping to San Antonio is also available, and each year thousands of cars are shipped there from the United States.
San Antonio port offers a wide range of international shipping services including rail and road connections to locations throughout Chile. The most used rail connection is between San Antonio and the capital city of Santiago. The port also has numerous cranes and other equipment to handle containers, breakbulk and construction equipment shipping. The port consists of three main terminals that are capable of handling all types of cargo.
Some notable features of the port of San Antonio, Chile:
- San Antonio port has three terminals including the San Antonio Terminal International (STI), Central Puerto (PCE) and Panul terminal.
- STI terminal is one of the most advanced terminals in South America. Most containers arriving into San Antonio go through this terminal
- PCE terminal is currently under development and repair.
- Panul terminal is the main terminal for breakbulk cargo
- Over 60% of freight into Argentina goes through the port of San Antonio. The city of Mendoza is only 7 hours away from the port
For more information about the port of San Antonio, Chile please visit: San Antonio Port Website. To receive overseas car shipping, construction equipment, high heavy, machinery and construction equipment shipping quotes from the USA to San Antonio, Chile visit our rates request pages.