When you ship your car overseas, one of the first areas of concern is how to comply with United States Export regulations. For any export valued at over $2,500.00 per schedule B number (the number assigned to exports based on what they are), the U.S. government requires that you file a Shipper’s Export Declaration. As a licensed Freight Forwarder, K International Transport can file the SED on your behalf, making international car shipping that much easier for you. K International Transport is an international shipping company that is ready to listen to your concerns, and guide you through shipping your car overseas.
In this part of this series, I will cover the “General Shipment Information” section of the shipper’s export declaration that must be filed if you want to ship your car internationally.
- General Shipment info
- Departure Date
- Must be filed ~48 hours before departure date to avoid any difficulties
- Booking Number
- Referred to as Transportation Reference Number
- Origin State
- Where the cargo begins its trip
- Country of Destination
- Export Port
- Mode of Transportation
- For International Automobile Shipping, options generally are: VESSEL; VESSEL, CONTAINERIZED; AIR
- Carrier SCAC
- Standard Carrier Alpha Code, a unique four-digit code used to identify transportation companies
- Vessel name
- Routed Transaction? (Y/N)
- A routed transaction is when the Foreign Principal Party in Interest is the one who authorized the Forwarder (e.g. K International Transport) to file the SED, and not the United States Principal Party in Interest
- Are USPPI (shipper) and Consignee Related? (Y/N)
- For example if someone is relocating overseas and shipping their furniture and/or car to themselves, the answer to this would be YES.
- Hazardous? (Y/N)
If you are interested in discussing international LCL shipping costs, please do not hesitate to contact us either, as a Shipper’s Export Declaration is also required. For an international car shipping cost, please visit our rate request page, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at (212) 267-6400. We are also available via Skype at kinternationalny.