Over the years, international shipping has become a common practice. Now, you can ship almost anything you want, to anywhere in the world, whether your cargo is simply household belongings, or something much bigger, like a car.
However, the United States has seen something much bigger than a car enter the country with the help of international shipping services. We are talking about the Statue of Liberty, of course!
Located on Liberty Island in New York, the Statue of Liberty has been a beacon of celebration and hope for immigrants coming into the United States since the late 1800’s. But how does this statue relate to international shipping?
The Statue of Liberty was a gift to the United States from France, celebrating the friendship that was established during the American Revolution. This statue was constructed in France by a sculptor named Bartholdi, who had the help of an engineer because of the statue’s enormous size. The Statue of Liberty was finished in 1884, but getting it to America was another problem.
To ship the statue overseas, it had to be taken apart into 350 individual pieces, and then packed into over 200 crates. These crates came over to New York aboard a French warship, called “Isere.” In New York City, the statue was reassembled in 4 months, and placed on the pedestal on Liberty Island.
So what does this all mean?
Well, if you are interested in shipping cargo internationally, don’t worry if you think it is too big! Whether you are shipping a car, a boat, or even heavy construction equipment with construction equipment shipping services, K International Transport can get the job done!
We offer tons of services to make your shipping experience hassle-free, including:
- Heavy equipment shipping and construction equipment dismantling services. We can dismantle bull dozers, motor graders, excavators, drilling equipment, backhoe, wheel loaders, tractors, skid steers, and all types of machinery and ship from the United States to France, or anywhere else in the world.
- International shipping services from any port in the United States, including but not limited to those in New York, Maryland, Virginia, South Carolina, Florida, Georgia, Texas, and California!
- Inland trucking and transportation services, just in case you need to get your cargo from another state and bring it to a port city.
- Position ocean containers at your warehouse for loading 20′, 40′ and 40’high-cube containers.
- Rigging services for heavy machinery including industrial machines, wire & wood cutting machinery and more
So call today if you are looking for a reliable and trustworthy international shipping company like K International Transport to help you ship construction equipment internationally. Call us at 212-267-6400, reach out to us on Skype at kinternationalny, or email us at email@example.com. For an international shipping quote, visit our rate request page.